Electric Vehicle Component Testing Technology Internship
CHARGE Lab at the University of Windsor is an internationally recognized R&D, component, and system design and test center that fosters cross-disciplinary research collaboration among materials, mechanical, electrical, and software engineers. It is competitive with other leading North American automotive labs in design, development, and testing of electric powertrain components. We are currently seeking passionate and talented individuals to join our team as Electric Vehicle Component Testing Technology Interns for the Fall 2023 – Winter 2024 semester.
As an Electric Vehicle Component Testing Technology Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain both theoretical and hands-on experience in various areas of the organization, contributing to the development and testing of innovative electric vehicle technologies. This internship program offers a challenging and rewarding experience where you will work closely with experienced industry professionals and contribute to real-world projects that shape the future of electric transportation.
- Paid internship opportunity
- Duration: 1 or 2 semesters (Fall 2023 / Winter 2024)
- Location: GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
Areas of Opportunity:
- Electrical/ Controls Design
- Mechanical Design
- Software Design
- Application Engineering
- Electronics Design
- Must be pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science at the University of Windsor
- Priority will be given to undergraduate students willing to pursue graduate studies with CHARGE Lab
- Minimum GPA requirement of 80%.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Passionate about electric vehicles and sustainable transportation.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
To apply for this internship, please submit the following documents:
- Updated resume highlighting relevant coursework, skills, and experiences.
- A brief cover letter expressing your interest in electric vehicle technology research and this internship opportunity.
- Academic transcripts (unofficial copies are accepted).
- Any relevant project portfolios or additional supporting documents.
Please email your application to Ivona Bilbilovska (Ivonab@uwindsor.ca) and Dr. Narayan Kar (email@example.com) with the subject line “Electric Vehicle Component Testing Technology Internship Application.“
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation and interviews.
The University of Windsor is a welcoming community that is committed to equity and supports diversity in its teaching, learning, and work environments. In pursuit of the University’s Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the CHARGE Lab Coordinator – Ivona Bilbilovska (Ivonab@uwindsor.ca)
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of the future of transportation and contribute to the advancement of electrification! Apply now and take the first step towards a rewarding career in the automotive industry.