CHARGE Lab invites outstanding and highly motivated students to apply for PhD or MASc positions in the following research areas: (i) Design optimization, modeling, control and testing of electric machines for transportation electrification application; (ii) Artificial Intelligence based condition monitoring, fault tolerant control and fault diagnosis of electric traction machines and drives.
- Candidates should hold a B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in electrical, mechanical, or computer science from a reputable institution
- Industry experience will be an asset
- Prior research experience and exceptional record of publications in IEEE conferences and journals or other reputable journals is an asset
- Candidates should be capable of working independently and in team
- Students will be required to collaborate with industry partner(s)
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with experimental studies of motor drives systems and familiarity with software tools such as Matlab/Simulink, PLECS, Ansys, JMAG, MotorCAD, dSpace
- Candidates will be provided a base research stipend and will also be encouraged to apply for additional merit-based University and external scholarships.
- In addition, candidates will be eligible to receive Graduate Teaching assistantships from the Faculty of Engineering.
Interested applicants are encouraged to email a single PDF file containing: i) Cover letter describing previous research experience and future career goals; ii) CV; iii) B.Sc. and M.Sc. transcripts; and iv) English language proficiency test results to the Director of CHARGE Lab “Dr. Narayan C. Kar” (email@example.com) and the Deputy Director of CHARGE Lab “Dr. Mohammad Sedigh Toulabi” (firstname.lastname@example.org).